Do I need a consent?

If your property is within our region and you're proposing to discharge trade effluent to the public sewer, you'll need our prior written consent.

The map below shows our wastewater boundaries. Please use our postcode checker to see if you receive wastewater services from us.

Click on the map to enlarge

If you're a tenant on a private industrial estate or discharge to a private sewer which connects to the public sewer, you're still required to obtain a trade effluent consent.

Temporary discharge

You'll need prior written permission if you intend to discharge to the public sewer on a temporary basis. This can be for any period up to a year. Examples include heating system flushing and groundwater remediation.

There are two types of consent for temporary discharge:

  1. A single site for less than 6 months
  2. A multi-site that covers low risk discharges

Should you require a consent or need to amend your consent conditions, please contact your retailer as early as possible with your proposals.

Discharging without consent

If you're currently discharging trade effluent without a consent, you must contact us immediately.

It is an offence under section 118 of the Water Industry Act 1991 to discharge trade effluent without consent.

Failure to obtain a consent may lead to enforcement action being taken and prosecution.

Close agent lightbox  Close box