The following information is designed to help customers who receive water supply charges from Cholderton and District Water and wastewater charges from us.
- Why do I receive bills from two water companies?
- You receive two bills because the water and wastewater services to your property are supplied by two different companies, Cholderton and District Water for water services and Southern Water for wastewater services.
Cholderton and District Water provides us with all the information we need to bill your metered wastewater charges.
- If my water company installs a meter, how will this affect my wastewater charges?
- Your water company will provide us with the meter details and we'll base our charges on the readings provided.
We can't meter the water that returns to the sewer for treatment because not all the water you use returns to the sewer. We've assessed the typical percentage return as 92.5 per cent and so we bill based on a 'standard return to sewer' of this amount.
This means that for every 100 cubic metres supplied, we will bill for 92.5 cubic metres.
- Who should I contact if I've a problem with the meter or the meter readings look high?
- How do you charge if I cannot have a meter?
- If it's not possible to meter your water supply, you will switch from paying unmetered charges to paying assessed charges. These are calculated in various ways, for example the number of bedrooms in your home, or on single occupancy.
Where a wastewater-only customer is placed on an assessed measured charge for water services, we'll also switch that customer to assessed wastewater charges.
In this situation, we use Cholderton and District Water's method of assessment to calculate our wastewater charges.
Each independent water company has its own method of calculating assessed measured charges and therefore our wastewater charges reflect those differences.
If the number of occupants in your property changes, please contact Cholderton and District Water, who'll inform us.
The table below shows our charges for 2016–17 for your area.
|Number of occupants
||Charges for year
(not including Surface Water and drainage charge)
|Charges for year
(including Surface Water and drainage charge)