Water and wastewater services for Kent, Sussex, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
Developers & builders

Get all the information
you need about water and
sewerage connections

Important information

Changes from 1 April 2017 -Temporary Building Supplies or Building Water Supplies​.

From the 1st April 2017, Developer companies and Building businesses need to choose a retailer to process their requirements for temporary water supplies. For information about retailers in the market go to the Open Water website.

Developers or Businesses applying for new connections for planned development projects will need to apply for a temporary water supply from one of the many retailers providing services in the Southern Water area. 

From 1 April 2017, Southern Water are a Wholesaler only and will not be supplying retail services. Find out more information about competition in the non-household retail market

Your area

Find out if Southern Water supplies your home, check your water quality or explore what's happening in your area.

Need help?

Type your question into the box below or see what other customers often ask.

Developers & builders

Our aim is to deliver first class reliable and helpful service to developers, builders and individuals. We aim to be open, informative and equitable in our dealings with developers. Our application process is detailed below.

All requests for connections and requisitions concerning our water and sewerage infrastructure will require an application form. Before using a form please check the property/development is in our supply area using our postcode checker on the right-hand side.

The application forms can be found in either Water services or Sewer services.

It's important to read the guidance notes to ensure the correct information is provided so no delay is caused to processing the application

You can also refer to the Guidance on the Requirement of Information and Levels of Service for Water Main Requisitions and Service Connections which have produced jointly by Water UK, the House Builders Federation and the National Federation of Builders with the Support of Ofwat.

Most applications will require a fee which must be paid before the application can be processed. Payments can be made over the phone using credit/debit cards or by BACS. View all fees and turnaround times.

Please contact us for further information and enquiries.

  Close box