Customer services — Guaranteed standards of service for business customers
The customer service standards our business customers can expect from us and the actions we will take when things go wrong.
- Water supply and wastewater charges are directly linked to the volume of water recorded on the meter since it was last read.
Volume charges are per cubic metre (220 gallons) and standing charges are variable according to the size of the meter.
Where your supply is unmetered, charges are based upon the rateable value of the premises supplied. Unless you have applied for and been granted a rebate, your wastewater standing charges will include an element for surface water drainage.
- Bills are normally produced within 48 hours of us or you having read your meter(s) – which may be monthly, quarterly or half-yearly.
They are payable on demand unless you have previously arranged an alternative payment method with us.
Where your supply is unmetered, an annual bill is produced shortly before the charging year begins on April 1. This is payable either in full in advance or by two half-yearly instalments.
- Payment arrangements
- Account queries
- We aim to respond to written queries within five working days and notify you of any necessary adjustments to your account.
If we fail to respond to you within 10 working days of receiving your query, we will either send you a £50 payment or credit your water services account with £50.
- Incorrectly issued County Court Judgements
- If we incorrectly issue a County Court Judgement against you in respect of a debt for which you are not liable, and for which you have previously informed us that you are not liable, we will correct the situation, withdraw the fees and costs and we will either send you a £150 payment or credit your water services account with £150.
- Written complaints
- When we need to visit you at your premises and it is necessary for you to be present, we will advise you whether we will visit either before or after 1pm. You can then request the visit to occur in a two-hour period.
If we do not keep the appointment as made, we will either send you a £50 payment or credit your water services account with £50.
We aim to meet all our appointment times. If we cannot, we will let you know at least 24 hours in advance provided we have a contact telephone number.
If we fail to make the appointment or cancel the appointment with less than 24 hours notice, we will either send you a £50 payment or credit your water services account with £50.
- Meter testing and replacement