We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice tells you what to expect from us when we use information about you to manage LandSearch.
For our corporate privacy notice, which covers how Southern Water uses information about people, please see southernwater.co.uk/privacy.
What information we collect about you
The information we collect may vary based on the service we provide to you. Typically, we need details like:
- your name and contact details so we can register you for an account
- your email address so we can send the order electronically
- your bank account or other financial details so we can manage payment for our services.
How we collect information about you
We obtain information about you:
- when you set up your account with us
- when you complete an order form
- from other water and wastewater companies (if they supply your drinking water or remove your wastewater we’ll exchange information with them to complete your order).
We also monitor email communications and may restrict delivery under certain circumstances.
How we use information about you
We use information about you to:
- manage your account
- offer our services
Who we share information with
- Carefully selected contractors and specialists to help provide our services to you
- WorldPay to process payments made using our websites
- Other water and wastewater companies (if they supply your drinking water or remove your wastewater we’ll exchange information with them to complete your order).
Transferring information about you overseas
We sometimes share your information with carefully selected organisations outside the UK, such as contractors working on our behalf to provide services to you. We use the following organisations based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA):
- Tata Consultancy Services in India, which processes requests and responds to queries. We use EU-approved contract clauses to safeguard your information.
How long we keep information about you
We’ll hold the information on our system for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is needed to meet our legal and accounting obligations.
Keeping information up to date
Please tell us as soon as possible if your contact details or other personal information change, or if you think that the information we have isn’t accurate. Please contact email@example.com. We’ll reply within one month of hearing from you.
If you want to know more about how Southern Water stores and uses your personal data, please: