We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice tells you what to expect from us when we use information about you to manage Stakeholder Engagement.
For our corporate privacy notice, which covers how Southern Water uses information about people, please see southernwater.co.uk/privacy.
What information we collect about you
The exact information we collect may vary based on the service we provide to you. Typically we need details like:
- your name, organisation and position so we can provide information that’s relevant to you
- your contact details like phone number or email so that we can keep in touch with you about our services, plans and events
- dietary or access requirements, if you’ve told us about them for any events and site visits we host
- areas of interest so we can provide information that’s relevant to you
- correspondence history and notes of meetings.
How we collect information about you
We obtain information about you:
- when you contact us
- if you complete an online form or complete a survey
- if you contact us by telephone
- if you use any of our facilities or attend an event, eg a Brighton sewer tour
- public sources such as council or organisation websites
- public affairs or communications agencies
- we also monitor email communications and may restrict delivery under certain circumstances.
How we use information about you
We use information about you to:
- send you news and updates on our operations, services or consultations
- invite you to events and workshops
- seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- send you communications which may be of interest to you.
Who do we share information with?
We may share information about you with:
- carefully selected contractors and specialists to help us provide you with our services or for research purposes
- external agencies like the police, fire service, or local councils in the event of an emergency situation.
We’ll look at the type of organisation you belong to, the area you represent and your interests to make sure we send you information, updates and invites we believe you’ll be interested in. We do not use an automated system for these purposes.
How long we keep information about you
We’ll hold the information on our system for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is needed to meet our legal and accounting obligations.
Keeping information up to date
Please tell us as soon as possible if your contact details or other personal information change, or if you think that the information we have isn’t accurate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll reply within one month of hearing from you.
If you want to know more about how Southern Water stores and uses your personal data, please: