The following information is designed to help customers who receive water supply charges from South East Water and wastewater charges from us.
- Why do I receive bills from two companies for water services?
- You receive two bills because the water and wastewater services to your property are supplied by two different companies, South East Water for water services and Southern Water for wastewater services.
South East Water provides us with all the information we need to bill your metered wastewater charges.
- If my water company installs a meter, how will this affect my wastewater charges?
- Your water company will provide us with the meter details and we'll base our charges on the readings provided.
We can't meter the water that returns to the sewer for treatment because not all the water you use returns to the sewer. We've assessed the typical percentage return as 92.5 per cent and so we bill based on a 'standard return to sewer' of this amount.
This means that for every 100 cubic metres supplied, we will bill for 92.5 cubic metres.
- Who should I contact if I have a problem with the meter or the meter readings look high?
- Please contact South East Water.
If there are any problems with the meter that require a change to your bill, we'll be notified automatically.
- How do you charge if I cannot have a meter?
- If it's not possible to meter your water supply, you will switch from paying unmetered charges to paying assessed charges. These are calculated in various ways, for example the number of bedrooms in your home, or on single occupancy.
Where a wastewater-only customer is placed on an assessed measured charge for water services, we'll also switch that customer to assessed wastewater charges.
In this situation, we use South East Water's method of assessment to calculate our wastewater charges.
Each independent water company has its own method of calculating assessed measured charges and therefore our wastewater charges reflect those differences.
If you think you're eligible for the single occupier charge please contact South East Water, who'll inform us.
The table below shows our charges for 2016–17 for all South East Water regions.
|Number of bedrooms
||Charges for year
(not including Surface Water Drainage charge)
|Charges for year
(including Surface Water Drainage charge)
|Reduced single occupier