"It’s a real opportunity to shape things, grow them and make them the best they can be."
Emma. IT Services.
Big ambitions. Big investment. Big changes. We’ve a lot to offer IT, analytics and project professionals. We’ve already grown tenfold in the past couple of years. Now we’re beginning a £106 million transformation programme – and we can’t wait for what comes next, as part of an evolution so huge it’ll change the way we do things forever. There’s a buzz across our business. And IT, analytics and projects are at the heart of it all.
There aren’t many teams who can say their work is critical to the nation. But it’s something we take huge pride in. And it’s why we’re migrating to leading technology, upgrading networks, replacing vital infrastructure… and more. Helping us shape an IT, analytics and project function that’s fit for the future, you’ll need an appetite for change and bags of ideas. Our people walk the talk too – driven by a passion to improve our communities and environment.
Our IT structure
With our support, training and scope to develop, you can choose to specialise and become a go-to expert. Here are some of the areas of IT you could dive right into:
- Operational technology and telemetry – Forming the foundations of our organisation, everyone’s success relies on this team.
- Application portfolio services – From finance to HR, this is about making sure everyone has the specialist software and support they need to make a difference.
- Enterprise information management – The focus here is on delivering all the management information we need for regulators and making business decisions.
- Digital and integration – This is about big picture as well as detail, looking at all digital technologies and integration across Southern Water.
- Information technologies – This covers everything from SAP to batching.
- Testing and quality engineering – The focus here is on making sure all our technology does what it should, to the highest standards.
- Data operations and data science – Our specialists here use the power of data to influence, inform and instigate large-scale change and business decisions.
IT career opportunities and rewards
The variety and pace here are almost unrivalled, and we offer some of the best pay and benefits outside of London. So, dive right in to one of our IT roles and enjoy a meaningful career where you’ll receive all the support and exposure you need to achieve your best. Here are some of the opportunities we offer:
- Application managers and specialists – OT, telemetry, assets and IMMIX
- BI roles
- Business analysts
- Data analysts
- Data engineers and scientists
- Network and firewall engineers
- Product specialists – telemetry
- Project managers
- SAP application specialists
- Senior software developers
- Service desk analysts
- Solution and security architects