An amber weather warning is in place for the week of 10 February 2020 with heavy wind and lots of rain expected.
We are currently monitoring the weather – get up to date weather information on the Met Office's weather warnings page.
Follow our top #WeatherEye tips to help minimise flooding and other disruption during the heavy rain and wind:
- Check your drains for leaves or other waste that could cause a blockage, and potentially lead to flooding
- If you spot a burst pipe in the street, let us know calling 0800 820 999
- If you experience internal flooding follow our guide to find out what to do and who to contact
- If you experience external flooding follow our guide to find out what to do and who to contact
- If your street drains (gullies) are blocked, or causing your road to flood, you'll need to let your local council know - use gov.uk's form to report a blocked drain online
If you know someone who's elderly, disabled, or has individual needs, perhaps due to a medical condition, we may be able to offer them extra support - follow the link to find out more about the priority services we offer.
According to the Met Office, the severe weather means the UK should expect:
- Coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities affected by spray and/or large waves
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges, with some bus and train services affected, with some journeys taking longer
- Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport expected with fallen trees possible
- Some short term loss of power and other services