The grants scheme aims to provide ongoing support for five regional charities at Level 1. For this year, we are also offering Level 2 funding support that allows community-focused, non-registered charities and community groups to apply for the first time.
Our Level 2 application form is for one-off grants of £1k–£8k for not-for-profit volunteer-led organisations, CICs, social enterprises, charities or non-registered charities whose annual income does not exceed £1 million.
We can accept applications for Level 2 funding support from social enterprises, CICs and Companies Limited by Guarantee carrying out activities which are charitable. However, these organisations must have:
- demonstrable public benefit and clear protection against private benefit
- a minimum of three unrelated directors, the majority of whom are not paid either as directors or for delivering the activities of the organisation (if some are related there must be at least three who are not)
- a majority of non-executive directors approving the salaries and benefits of any paid directors, which should be reasonable and proportionate to the work they do and the financial position of the organisation
- an asset lock body (in the case of CICs) with objectives which are charitable and similar to the CIC
- provided confirmation that they meet these conditions at the time of applying and, in any case, no later than the closing date.
We welcome applications from:
- charities and projects which support communities in our area of operation (Kent, Sussex, Hampshire and Isle of Wight)
- projects that benefit communities as opposed to individuals
- regional charities and community groups that can demonstrate projects that support the outcomes under our company values
- organisations that can demonstrate a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.