You may be eligible for a reduction in charges if you have a low income and you have a water meter at your property.
The reduced charges for the WaterSure scheme are £439 (£186 for water only and £253 for wastewater only) from 1 April 2023 to 31 March 2024.
If your fresh water is supplied by another water company, please contact them directly for assistance.
We can help by putting a limit on your charges for water and wastewater services, as long as you meet the following conditions:
You (or someone in your household) are receiving one of the benefits or tax credits shown below:
- Child Tax Credit (you must receive more than the family element)
- Housing Benefit
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Income related Employment & Support Allowance (ESA).
You (or someone in your household) are responsible for three or more children under 19 in full time education who live with you.
Or you, your child or the person receiving the benefit or tax credit have a specified medical condition requiring the use of more water than normal. The specified medical conditions are:
- Abdominal stoma
- Crohn’s disease
- Desquamation (flaky skin disease)
- Eczema, psoriasis or varicose ulceration (weeping skin disease)
- Ulcerative colitis
- Renal failure (where they need home dialysis)
- Another condition which means they have to use a lot of extra water.
Complete our online application form and send us the necessary supporting evidence:
- A photocopy of the latest ‘notice of entitlement’ for benefits or tax credit.
- A doctor’s certificate or a letter from a GP or consultant confirming that this condition needs extra water
- A photocopy of a prescription form or doctor’s certificate.
- A photocopy of the latest ‘notice of entitlement’ to Child Benefit for each child.
Complete the Financial Assistance form
In order to be considered for any, or a combination of, our assistance schemes and tariffs, you'll need to complete the application form.
Alternatively email us at [email protected] or phone us for free on 0800 027 0363 8am–7pm Monday to Friday and 9am-1pm Saturday.
Your individual circumstances will be assessed confidentially by one of our specialist advisors.
We'll then let you know if you've been accepted onto one of our payment schemes or tariffs.