These are requirements for design, installation and maintenance of plumbing systems, water fittings and water-using appliances in domestic and commercial property in England and Wales.
The three main requirements of the regulations are:
- Plumbing systems, water fittings and water using appliances must be installed and maintained to comply with the regulations
- Contamination of drinking water must be prevented
- Advance notice of plumbing installation work must be given.
The regulations are designed to prevent:
- The inefficient use or waste of water
- Contamination of drinking water supplies
- Incorrect measurement of water supplied.
Notification of proposed works
Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999
If you have a question about water regulations, our processes, or you need to send us additional documents to support a notification of proposed works, please email us at email@example.com.
Please include the postcode and county of the property your query relates to in the subject line of your email, as this will help us respond to you more quickly.
You may also write to us at:
Hampshire, SO21 2SW
These details are only for enquiries about Water Regulations.
For any other requests for Environmental Information you may have, please visit our Environmental Information page.
Please visit our contact page for the best way to get in touch about your bill or account.