Water is a precious resource. Every year the population of the South East grows, but the amount of water available stays the same. Due to hotter summers and less rainfall, increased pressure Is put on our water supplies. If we keep consuming at our current rate, in time, demand will outstrip supply – as there’s only so much we can take from our environment.
That’s just one reason why we’re on the look out for new and innovative ideas to help reduce water use in businesses across Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Sussex and Kent. Can you help save a little water and make a lot of difference?
If you have an idea for a project – whether it’s harvesting rain or shower water, fitting flow restrictors on taps, harnessing new technology to save water, or anything else you can think of – we want to hear from you!
Check if you’re eligible
We encourage applications from:
- Businesses located in, and operating out of, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Sussex, and Kent.
- Water retailers supplying a business in Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Sussex and Kent.
- Water conservation service providers supporting a business in Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Sussex and Kent.
Your project must meet the following criteria:
- Southern Water must supply the mains water to your business- use our Postcode Checker to find out if Southern Water is your supplier.
- It must deliver water savings in Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Sussex or Kent. It must save mains tap water and demonstrate a tangible, sustainable reduction in water use (litres/day saved as a result of the project) before 31 December 2024.
- You must be able to provide a monthly update once the project has launched and a full case study at the end.
Applications are now open until 31 December 2023!
Please read the below documents to find out more before submitting your application.
1. Guidance document
2. Terms of Agreement