Join us in the new year at Peacehaven Wastewater Treatment Centre, to find out what really happens when we flush the loo, empty the bathtub, or wash the dishes. Our tour walks you through the scientific processes used at the centre, with fun and engaging ways to learn all about the important work that goes on there.
This tour is complimented with a ‘slow the flow’ workshop, providing an interactive experience to learn about storm overflows, why they are used and how slowing the flow of rainwater into the sewers can significantly reduce the use of them.
- We can only accommodate one class per visit with a class size of approximately 30 pupils.
- We require a minimum of one adult for every eight children under the age of 16.
- For safety reasons, the tours are completed in two groups of approximately 15 pupils.
- You’ll need to split your party into two groups prior to arrival (Groups A & B).
- Each group must have an allocated member of school staff as the group leader.
- Each booking will require a named first aider.
Tours will be suitable for key stage 2 & 3.
Complete the form below to register your interest.