Commercial waste is defined as:
“Waste arising from commercial premises excluding wastewater from businesses preparing food and drink for consumption on the premises and sewage.”
The waste acceptance procedures for commercial waste are controlled by the Environment Agency permits that we operate under.
The commercial waste procedure is detailed below:
- Completed commercial waste enquiry form submitted online to Southern Water’s Commercial waste team
- Estimate for treatment costs provided to waste producer/ haulier by Southern Water
- Sampling and analysis of waste
- Provision of quote and suitable sites for disposal
- Signing of commercial waste agreement
- Provision of documentation and key fobs (£40 each) to haulier
- Company representative to complete site and safety checklist and return to our Commercial waste team.
Commercial waste sites
Below are the opening times of our sites which can accept commercial waste: