Find an approved plumber

Whether you want to fix leaking pipes and taps, or need plumbing services for building works – we can help you find approved plumbers in your area.

Leaking pipes and dripping taps can waste a lot of water, and cost you money.

If you experience burst pipes or a leak inside your home, turn off your water supply at the stop tap and contact a plumber immediately.

Enter your postcode on the WaterSafe website to find local approved plumbers.

You can search for services including:

  • Emergency plumbing
  • Underground pipework
  • Sanitation
  • Leak detection
  • Commercial plumbing
  • Water services (groundworkers, catering installers, point of use installers)


If you're building or renovating

All plumbing businesses listed on WaterSafe are members of a water industry-backed Approved Contractors’ Scheme in the UK, carry agreed levels of Public Liability Insurance and operate a customer complaints scheme.

Using an approved plumbing business helps prevent the risk of contamination of drinking water from poor plumbing practices and sub-standard products.

Remember, all plumbing work should comply with water regulations.

Find a plumber with WaterSafe

Home assistance cover

Unsure who you'd turn to if you had a burst pipe, a leak or a blocked drain?
Often, people only think about insurance cover when it's too late.
Find out more