We’ve published our latest plan, building on our first plan published in 2020, and our second plan in 2021. Our third Pollution Incident Reduction Plan looks ahead to year three by:
- giving an overview of our 2021 pollution performance and showing what we learnt from it
- providing an update on the delivery of the second year of the plan
- setting out our plans for the third year.
This latest plan places a greater focus on people, processes and systems, includes training and system improvements, and uses insights from a review of all pollution incidents from July to December 2021.
The plan to reduce pollution incidents for year three is to:
- upgrade our control centre
- improve the availability of our assets on our treatment works and pumping stations
- adapt our assets to deal with wetter weather
- fix problems proactively, before they become an issue
- upgrade our wastewater pumping stations
- clean the network and prevent leaks
- install 22,000 monitors, enabling a proactive digital network
Our forecast is that year three of the plan will deliver a 60% reduction in total pollutions and a 58% reduction in serious pollution incidents.
Latest: Pollution Incident Reduction Plan - 2022
Pollution Incident Reduction Plan – 2021
Pollution Incident Reduction Plan – 2020
What can you do?
We are leading the sector in self reporting – this means our staff are trained to spot pollution incidents no matter how small. However, we need eyes and ears everywhere. If you see something that you think might be a pollution get in touch on 0330 303 0368 – together, we can protect and improve the environment.
Our environmental performance
We're committed to providing greater transparency about our environmental performance – including our latest performance data, alongside information about what we're doing to improve. Find out more about our environmental performance.